Aug 7, 2011

Longing...

Fremont Troll
Feeling nostalgic- got to watching some videos i took throughout last year, and it made me really miss and long for Seattle.  (Listening to Owl City's "Hello Seattle" always makes me feel the same way too..) 

Whenever people here ask me where i'm from, i always reply with "Seattle".  Yes, i know i was born and spent most of my life in Phoenix, but i hardly remember life before Seattle.  Choosing to move to Seattle all on my own was my way of starting over.  I didn't like where i was in life at that time, didn't like a lot of things about myself, or anything really.  Being all alone in a brand new city, not knowing a single soul for miles.. it was definitely the brand new start i needed.  I grew and changed so much during those years, and have come to refer to Seattle as 'home'.  It's where i came to escape it all, came to start anew and improve myself, to start my future; it's where i met some of the most amazing people and spent some of the most awesome years of my life, where i left a piece of myself when hopped a plane across the Pacific.  And, on the day that i take a plane back (for good?), it's where i'll go back to.

I came across this article the other day and it gave me a little chuckle- "10 things you should know before you move to Seattle".. oh so true!

Oh how I miss my awesome, crazy, quirky, beautiful city...


Amazing view from the Space Needle






2 comments:

Air said...

At least your in Japan, be happy! ^_^ But I totally sympathize with you though. Moving to Seattle alone was one of the best and hardest decisions I ever made, and its more my home now than Texas.

~Chai~ said...

Of course, i'm definitely happy to be here! :) I'm just too torn, lol. When i'm in Seattle i long for Japan, and when i'm in Japan i long for Seattle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...